Maternal Child Health
Under this program, Registered Nurses provide care and education to expectant mothers during the pregnancy and new mothers after delivery. Specifically, the nurses assess and develop plans of care for
- Teaching prenatal care, postnatal care, newborn care and CPR
- Gestational hypertension or Pregnancy Induced Hypertension (PIH) – A condition that affects woman after 20 weeks gestation without the presence of protein in the urine
- Gestational Diabetes (GDM) – A condition in which women without previously diagnosed diabetes exhibit high blood glucose levels during pregnancy (especially during their third trimester).
- Hyperemesis Gravidarum: This is a complication of pregnancy characterized by intractable nausea, vomiting, and dehydration often leading to malnutrition and other serious complications, such as fluid or electrolyte imbalances.
- Pretem Birth
- Mom and Baby Assessment
- Teaching, support and referral to community services